Ultimate Skirt Steak Tostadas
La Tortilla Factory tortillas have always been a staple in my kitchen so I was really excited to try their Green Enchilada Sauce and Salsa Baja Sauce Starter kit. I decided to use them in one of my favorite recipes – skirt steak tostadas. Making them is very easy and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients. The best part is it’s the perfect way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo #CelebrateAtSuCasa or anytime you’re in the mood for an easy Mexican food dish at home.
Post sponsored by La Tortilla Factory
Skirt steak is a tougher piece of meat and benefits from quick high heat and a great tasting marinade. One of my favorite ingredients to use as a marinade is a salsa verde and the La Tortilla Factory green enchilada sauce did the trick perfectly. The slightly tangy flavor of the charred meat pairs perfectly with the crunch of the tostadas and the Grilled Baja Slaw.
This recipe can easily be made keto-friendly by using the low carb La Tortilla Factory tortillas. When I’m not in the mood to fry the tortillas I make this exact recipe but grill the tortillas and turn the recipe into tasty street tacos! This recipe is one of my favorites and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
How to Buy La Tortilla Factory
Celebrate At Su Casa Details: https://www.latortillafactory.com/2021/04/celebrate-at-su-casa-2021/
- ONLINE: Now thru May 6 at 11:59 pm PT, save 15% on select products when you shop at La Tortilla Factory’s online store and enter code SUCASA at checkout. Remember, all items ship for FREE! Shop link: https://shop.latortillafactory.com/discount/SUCASA
- IN-STORE: Download the digital coupon and save $1.00 on any La Tortilla Factory product in-store.
- Link to coupon: https://www.latortillafactory.com/2021/04/celebrate-at-su-casa-2021/
- Link to store locator: http://bit.ly/FindLTF
Prep Time 20 min Cook Time 25 min
2 lbs. skirt steak
2 tbsp coco aminos
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp sea salt
1 tbsp avocado oil
- Place all marinade ingredients in a large resealable bag and thoroughly mix. Add skirt steak into the bag and seal. Mix until the steak looks coated in the marinade and place in fridge for 2-12 hours. The longer it marinates the more flavor it will get.
- Remove skirt steak from marinade and pat dry. Grill on a grill that has been preheated to medium high until it reaches desired doneness.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Slice against the grain and use for tostadas.
Grilled Baja Slaw
4 cups tri-color slaw
1 tsp olive oil
- Toss tri-color slaw in olive oil. Grill using a grill grid on low-medium heat for 5 minutes or until slaw mix begins to char slightly.
- Remove from heat and mix in a bowl with La Tortilla Factory Salsa Baja Sauce Starter. Serve hot or cool in fridge. Serve with Skirt Steak Tostada.
corn or vegetable oil (enough to coat the bottom of the pan)
1. Pour oil in a heavy duty pan until the oil is about 1 inch deep. Heat oil to 350° degrees.
2. Using tongs carefully place tortilla in oil. Cook tortilla to desired crispness turning the tortilla over every couple minutes.
3. Remove tortilla from pan and place on paper towels to soak up excess oil.
Skirt Steak Tostadas
Grilled Skirt Steak
Grilled Baja Slaw
- Build tostadas by placing tostada shell down on a plate.
- Fan thinly sliced skirt steak on a tostada
- Top with Grilled Baja Slaw
- Garnish with avocado, queso fresco, and your choice of toppings.