Salsa De Tomate
6 Vine Ripe Tomatoes (room temperature)2 Green JalapeЦo Peppers
2 Yellow JalapeЦo Peppers or “Yellow Hots”
1/2 Sliced Yellow Onion
1/4 cup diced green onion
1/4 cup cilantro
1 ounce Avocado Oil
1 tablespoon Sea Salt
1. In a bowl lightly coat tomatoes &
peppers in Avocado Oil.
2. Grill tomatoes & peppers on Gunter Wilhelm BBQ Pan on medium heat. Grill about 10-12 minutes on each side or until tomatoes are caramelized and become soft to the touch.
3. Once tomatoes and peppers are thoroughly cooked remove from the Gunter Wilhelm BBQ Pan and place in Gunter Wilhelm Premier ProCook Nonstick Sauce Pot (It’s important that the tomatoes are soft to the touch). Do not turn on heat.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and let steam for 15 min. This will make it easier to remove the skin.
5. Remove plastic wrap from the pot and then remove skin from tomatoes and peppers using your gloved hands. It’s always a great idea to wear gloves while handling peppers. Gently peel it and it should come off easily. Try to remove the outer most part of the skin only so that you don’t remove much of the flesh of the tomato or pepper.
6. Remove the peppers from pot. Dice the peppers and add 1/2 the peppers back to the pot. A trick I always use is adding a bit of peppers at a time to the salsa. You can always add more spice to the salsa but you can’t remove spice.
7. Add salt to the pot of salsa. Using a stick blender or immersion blender puree the salsa in the pot.
8. Taste again and adjust spice & seasoning as necessary.
9. Bring salsa to a low simmer and simmer for 20 minutes.
10. Place salsa in a glass or plastic container and cool in the fridge until cold.
11. Add onion, green, and cilantro when you are ready to eat the salsa.