This post has been sponsored by Cargill – Who doesn’t love a decadent chocolaty dessert?!? One of my favorite items to feature on a menu is a simple yet elevated chocolate torte made with Filippo Berio All-Purpose Olive Oil. Guests love a warm chocolaty treat made with Filippo Berio Olive that is a breeze to prepare using an amazing Olive Oil with a consistent flavor.
The entire line of Filippo Berio Culinary Selection olive oils are awesome and a must in any professional kitchen. For chocolate torte recipe I love using the Filippo Berio Culinary Selection All-Purpose olive oil which is a blend of 75% conventional canola oil and 25% extra virgin olive oil. It’s great for general cooking and a wide variety of applications like dressings, sauces, marinating, roasting, as well as dough, cakes and bread.
Another great feature of the Filippo Berio Culinary Selection All-Purpose Olive Oil is that it carries a health halo because it’s a blend of canola and extra virgin olive oil. For the health-conscious consumer this can be a potential selling point.
To learn more about Filippo Berio Culinary Selection visit Cargill.com/Foodservice
Chocolate Torte with Filippo Berio Culinary Selection Olive Oil
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate chopped (4 squares)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 3/4 cup Filippo Berio Extra Light Olive Oil
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- Pecan Crunch:
- 1 ½ cups pecans roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Pecan Crunch:In sauté pan, combine pecans, sugar and salt over low heat; stir constantly, until nuts are toasted and sugar begins to melt slightly. Remove from pan; let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 10-inch round springform pan with olive oil. In small microwaveable bowl, microwave unsweetened chocolate for 2 minutes; stir well (if any lumps remain, microwave for about 20 seconds longer.) Stir and set aside. On sheet of waxed paper, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir to mix well; set aside.
- Using electric mixer, beat olive oil with sugar until combined. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add melted chocolate and vanilla. With mixer on low, beat in flour mixture just until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chunks; spread evenly into prepared pan. Top with Pecan Crunch.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Transfer to rack; let cool. Remove outer ring of pan.