I often say an amazing dinner can be with a few ingredients like my Grilled Lemon Chicken. Grilled Lemon Chicken might sound passè but with a little love, it becomes elevated yet accessible. The secret is using grilling fresh lemons to create complex flavors for our chicken marinade.
I often say an amazing dinner can be with a few ingredients like my Grilled Lemon Chicken. Grilled Lemon Chicken might sound passè but with a little love it becomes elevated yet accessible. The secret is using grilling fresh lemons to create complex flavors for our marinade.
For the longest time I wasn’t a chicken fan. I found most chicken to be boring, dry, and tasteless. After some research I found that my dry chicken was being cause for a number reasons.
- I was using chicken breast and although it’s leaner & “healthier” I find it’s not as flavorful as chicken thigh
- Like so many I wasn’t taking the extra few minutes to marinate my chicken.
- Salmonella is a serious concern but I find that fear causes a lot of people to over cook their chicken. According to most chicken only needs to be cooked 165° F. That means that normally I cook it to around 160° F and rely on carryover cooking to sail the chicken past the 165° F mark.
Grilled Lemon Chicken Marinade
The easiest thing I do create flavorful chicken is create a quick marinade. Sometimes hearing the word marinade people think it takes long hours or days to marinate meat. The good news is chicken really doesn’t a long time to absorb amazing flavors. Normally I only marinate my chicken fro 30 minutes to 2 hours any longer and the meat get chewy.
Normally any marinade I make always consists of an acid to help tenderize the meat. That is where the grilled lemons play a key part in my marinade. I lightly spray the lemons with Chose Foods avocado oil and then I grill them (on my Bull Grill) until they are lightly charred. The act of grilling the lemons is going to add wonderful complexity to the lemons and really elevate our grilled lemon chicken.
Grilling lemons or other citrus can also be amazing way to create cocktails, mocktails, and other recipes. Many times when a recipe calls for regular citrus I’ll grill it and wow my friends and family.
Grilled Lemon Chicken
- Bull Grillwww.bullbbq.com
- 1 pound Chicken Thigh boneless skinless
- 1/4 cup Mustard
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice grilled & strained
- 1 tsp Herbs de Provence
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp White Pepper
- In a large bowl combine grilled lemon juice, herbs, salt, garlic, and white pepper. Whisk the ingredients together and slowly drizzle in all the avocado oil.
- Toss the chicken in the marinade and allow to marinate for 30 minutes to 60 minutes covered in the fridge. That is plenty of time for the chicken to absorb the flavors. Any longer and the meat might become tougher because of the acidity in the lemon.
- Place chicken on a medium-high preheated Bull Grill. Grill each side of the chicken for approximately 4-5 minutes. Remove from the heat once the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes and serve with grilled lemon halves.